[ Top of Page ]
- A Forum for Women's Health
- Advancing Women
- Drug Rehab Centers for Women - "Drug Rehab Centers for Women offer gender-specific treatment for women struggling with drug and alcohol addiction, trauma and relationship difficulties. Eliminating substance abuse is the first step toward healing from past issues and returning to a healthy lifestyle."
- American Association of University Women - "Advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research."
- American Medical Women's Association - "The American Medical Women's Association is an organization which functions at the local, national, and international level to advance women in medicine and improve women's health. We achieve this by providing and developing leadership, advocacy, education, expertise, mentoring, and strategic alliances."
- BebezClub - "Child development from the first days of life. Clear recommendations on child education and development for parents and educators."
- Between Friends - "Site offers household hints, parenting tips, time management advice, ideas for organization, self improvememt, money management, career issues, self employment and more."
- Birthright International - "Birthright is a non-profit charitable organization that has been providing love and support for over 45 years to women facing unplanned pregnancies. We have chapters across Canada, the United States, and Africa, as well as a 24/7 North American toll-free Helpline. Birthright is supported by devoted volunteers and private donations."
- Bust - "With an attitude that is fierce, funny, and proud to be female, BUST provides an uncensored view on the female experience. BUST tells the truth about women's lives and presents a female perspective on pop culture. BUSTing stereotypes about women since 1993."
[ Top of Page ]
- DatingAdvice.com: Domestic Violence Resources Directory - "DatingAdvice.com's Domestic Violence Resources Directory features hundreds of hotlines, shelters, non-profit organizations and more for those seeking help and those who are trained to give it."
- Distinguished Women of Past and Present - "Welcome! This site has biographies of women who contributed to our culture in many different ways. There are writers, educators, scientists, heads of state, politicians, civil rights crusaders, artists, entertainers, and others."
- HELOGUIDE.org: Domestic Violence - "Are you or someone you care about in an abusive relationship? Learn about domestic abuse, including the more subtle signs."
- - "Emily's List is committed to driving progressive change throughout our country by winning elections that put pro-choice Democratic women into office."
- Feminist.com - "Feminist.com is an online community and nonprofit organization fostering awareness, education and activism."
- Feminists For Life of America - "Feminists for Life of America recognizes that abortion is a reflection that our society has failed to meet the needs of women. We are dedicated to systematically eliminating the root causes that drive women to abortion - primarily lack of practical resources and support - through holistic, woman-centered solutions. Women deserve better than abortion."
- Feminist Majority Foundation - "The Feminist Majority Foundation works for social and political and economic equality for women by using research and education to reduce violence against women, promote abortion rights and birth control access, global women's rights. The Feminist Majority Foundation Online features daily feminist news, issues of sex discrimination, abortion and birth control, domestic violence, sexual assault, pay equity, women's equality in jobs, women's and girls' equality education, and women's and girls' equality in sports, a feminist career center."
[ Top of Page ]
- Gender-Related Electronic Forums - "Site is an annotated, award-winning listing of publicly-accessible e-mail discussion forums (also known as "lists" or "listservs") related to women or to women-focused gender issues. (If you're new to e-mail lists and would like some basic information about what they are and how you can join one, check out this page.) - an annotated listing of approximately 300 women and gender related E-mail ists."
- Gifts of Speech: Women's Speeches From Around the World - "GoS is an archive of full-text speeches by influential, contemporary women."
- HealthyWomen - "HealthyWomen.org provides free, unbiased health information on a variety of women's health topics including pregnancy, menopause, breast cancer, birth control pills, mental health and more. Learn more about women's health problems, conditions and treatment."
- HomeWorkingMom.com - "HomeWorkingMom.com has Work at Home Jobs, Freelance and Home Business Information, Online Job and Business Ideas And Opportunities Especially For Moms. The hardest part about becoming a home working mom is knowing how to begin. HomeWorkingMom.com will help you by providing valuable, inside information and lots of ideas to get you started and help you succeed online."
- Independent Women's Forum - "Independent Women’s Forum’s mission is to improve the lives of Americans by increasing the number of women who value free markets and personal liberty. Sister organization of Independent Women’s Voice."
- International Center for Research on Women - "The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) works to make women in developing countries an integral part of alleviating global poverty."
[ Top of Page ]
- Library of Congress: Women Come to the Front: Journalists, Photographers, and Broadcasters During World War II - "The women featured in this exhibit were chosen because of the strength and variety of their collections in the Library of Congress. Like their colleagues, the women followed various paths to their wartime assignments."
- Mayo Clinic: Menopause - "Menopause is defined as occurring 12 months after your last menstrual period and marks the end of menstrual cycles. Menopause can happen in your 40s or 50s, but the average age is 51 in the United States."
- Maternity at Home - Everything you need to know about pregnancy and maternity.
- Minute Women Home Care - "Over 50 great senior caregiving tools online, including tools for home care, assisted living, nursing facilities, rehab centers, and adult day care."
- MoneyMakingMommy.com -"Whether you're looking for actual employment or simple ways to make money from home, our site offers real, up-to-date answers."
- Museum of Menstruation and Women's Health - "Discover the rich history of menstruation and women's health on this Web site devoted to menstruation and selected topics of women's health."
[ Top of Page ]
- NARAL - "We are made up of pro-choice women and men across the United States. Together, we protect a woman's right to choose."
- The National Museum of Women in the Arts - "Founded in 1987, NMWA is the only major museum in the world solely dedicated to recognizing women’s creative contributions. By bringing to light remarkable women artists of the past while also promoting the best women artists working today, the museum directly addresses the gender imbalance in the presentation of art in the U.S. and abroad, thus assuring great women artists a place of honor now and into the future."
- National Museum of Women's History - "The National Women's History Museum (NWHM) is dedicated to reclaiming the missing half of history - women's history. Featuring Online Exhibits, women's biographies, and other women's history facts."
- National Organization for Women - "As the grassroots arm of the women’s movement, the National Organization for Women is dedicated to its multi-issue and multi-strategy approach to women’s rights. NOW is the largest organization of feminist activists in the United States, with hundreds of thousands of contributing members and more than 500 local and campus affiliates in all 50 states and the District of Columbia."
- National Right to Life - "Founded in 1968, National Right to Life is the nation's oldest and largest pro-life organization. National Right to Life is the federation of 50 state right-to-life affiliates and more than 3,000 local chapters. Through education and legislation, National Right to Life is working to restore legal protection to the most defenseless members of our society who are threatened by abortion, infanticide, assisted suicide and euthanasia."
- National Women's Hall of Fame - "Visit the National Women’s Hall of Fame – the home of inspiration, innovation and imagination to learn more about great American women. Discover the stories of NWHF Inductees by browsing the Women of the Hall section. With your help, we can continue to honor great women of yesterday and today, while shaping the leaders of tomorrow. Thank you for helping us carry our mission of 'Showcasing great women…Inspiring all!' from Seneca Falls to the world."
- National Women's History Project - "The National Women’s History Project, founded in 1980, is a non-profit educational organization committed to recognizing and celebrating the diverse and significant historical accomplishments of women by providing information and educational materials and programs."
- OBGYN.net - "Online community for medical professionals focused on women’s health, featuring news and commentary on Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as active forums."
- Nurturing Network, The - "The Nurturing Network is an international charitable organization that responds to the immediate and comprehensive needs of a woman facing the crisis of an unplanned pregnancy."
- NPS.gov: Places Where Women Made History - "Introduces travelers, researchers, historians, preservationists, and anyone interested in American history to the wide range of historic places associated with the many varied aspects of women's history. The itinerary highlights 74 historic properties in Massachusetts and New York that are listed in the National Register, America's official list of places important in our history and worthy of preservation."
- Planned Parenthood - "Planned Parenthood has been providing trusted health care for nearly 100 years. Learn about pregnancy."
- SeniorWomen.com - "Senior Women Web enjoys the contributions of women who bring original content to this site. We have a monthly Culture Watch feature with reviewers Julia Sneden and our charter reviewer and colleague, Emily Mitchell. Reviewers Joan L. Cannon, Jill Norgren, Nicola Gutgold and John Malone are now aboard. Art reviewer Val Castronovo has taken us to art shows through her writing that we cannot reach but yearn to see. We think you will enjoy the reviews of books and art that will appeal particularly to women (and men) of our age."
- Sixty and Me - " When I started Sixty and Me, I had a single goal in mind – I wanted to help women all around the world to live happy, healthy and financially secure lives. What began as a blog has now turned into a community of over 50,000 women from all over the world. I am so happy and proud to be a part of this dynamic group of baby boomer women! At the same time, as our community has grown, so too have the costs to maintain Sixty and Me. Over the last 2 years, I have written 100’s of articles and produced over 100 free videos for our community members. I also have to pay for website, hosting, newsletter service, filming, video editing and even for the beautiful pictures that I use on the website."
- United Nations: Statistics and indicators on women and men - "This web site provides the latest statistics and indicators on women and men in six specific fields of concern: - Population - Health - Women and men in families - Education - Work - Political decision making The statistics and indicators refer to the latest year for which sex-disaggregated data are available. The data have been compiled from official national sources as well as international sources."
- National Susan B. Anthony Museum and House - "Home & artifacts of Susan B. Anthony in Rochester, NY. Museum and National Historic Landmark of the champion of suffrage, abolition, temperance and equal rights. The 19th Amendment granting women the right to vote was credited to her efforts."
[ Top of Page ]
- TargetWoman - "Learn to make simple changes to your cooking methods and substitute high fat ingredients with low fat ones. Watch how a little creativity can help you whip up tasty low fat food."
[ Top of Page ]
- WAHM.com - "WAHM.com is the number one resource for work at home moms. Find work at home jobs, information on how to start a home business, join the WAHM forum to share your stories on everything from childcare and parenting, to working at home."
- Women and Performance - "Women & Performance was founded in 1983 by graduate students in the Department of Performance Studies at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. The journal publishes interdisciplinary feminist scholarship on performance, broadly construed. Since its inception the journal has operated as a feminist collective. Faculty and graduate students from a variety of disciplines volunteer their time and collectively edit each issue of Women & Performance. After self-publishing for 23 years, Women & Performance was acquired by Routledge, Taylor & Francis. With each issue we continue our mission of extending and reformulating notions of gender and performance."
- Women in Technology - "WITI's Web site provides visitors with news, career opportunities, articles and info to empower women through technology."
- - "The Office on Women's Health provides information, tools, calculators, and statistics on women's health topics as well as information for health professionals."
- - "Women's International Center was founded in 1982 as a non-profit education and service foundation [501c3] with the mission to ‘Acknowledge, Honor, Encourage and Educate Women’. For nearly thirty years at our Living Legacy Awards ceremonies, we have brought hundreds of people together to celebrate the accomplishments and lasting contributions of women. Many now know, understand, appreciate, and hopefully incorporate, the gifts women have given to improve our world. We have gathered some of civilization’s great women and men whose deeds have genuinely benefitted humanity."
- Women Living Today - "Woman Living Today features stories about women from all walks of everyday life, overcoming life's challenges, inspiring other women to believe in themselves, and winning respect and love as unique individual women."
- Women Nobel Prize Laureates - "In 1903, only two years after the Nobel Foundation was established, a Nobel Prize was awarded to a woman, Marie Curie, for the first time. Women have been winning Nobel Prizes ever since, but in very small numbers compared to their male colleagues. It took 40 years from its inception for the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences to be awarded to a woman, Elinor Ostrom. This is despite the fact that one woman, Bertha von Suttner was influential in convincing Alfred Nobel to establish a Prize for Peace."
- Women Online Worldwide - "Women Online Worldwide, the online hot spot for women with chat, message boards, and much more."
- - "Frequently-updated listing of more than 900 women's studies programs, departments, and research centers around the world, including both graduate and undergraduate programs. Programs outside the United States are listed separately for ease in finding."